When an expectant mother is in the delivery room, two monitors are strapped to her abdomen and connected to a larger device, the fetal monitor. Through the monitoring of the fetal monitor device, the doctor can not only know the changes of the uterine contractions of the expectant mother, but also basically grasp the condition of the fetus in the womb. At present, fetal monitors have been widely used in clinical practice, and some people even call them "the patron saint of the fetus".
The fetal monitor device is an instrument used to monitor fetal development during fetal development. It is very important for pregnant women, and it is also an instrument that can see whether the fetus is developing well at any time. So, what is fetal monitoring? What about the instrument? Let's find out.
1. The importance of fetal monitor device
Doing fetal heart rate monitoring and paying attention to fetal movement can better understand the baby's situation. The fetal heart rate will convey a signal of whether the baby is healthy and normal. If it suddenly accelerates or slows down, you should seek medical attention in time. On the other hand, the fetal heart monitoring medical supplies can understand the response of the fetal heart during fetal movement and uterine contractions, so as to speculate whether there is hypoxia in the fetus in the uterus. For high-risk pregnant women after 35 weeks of gestation, the fetal heart rate should be continuously monitored with a fetal monitor in hospital, and if necessary, continuous monitoring can be continued for a long time (more than 1 hour).
2. When should fetal heart rate monitoring be done?
Some hospitals will start fetal heart rate monitoring around 32-33 weeks in the third trimester, but some hospitals will start it a few weeks later. There are no special circumstances, and fetal heart rate monitoring is generally not performed before. Some mothers may ask, every time the prenatal check-up, the doctor will listen to the fetal heart rate by the way. Is this just fetal heart rate monitoring? In fact, it is not fetal heart rate monitoring, but the doctor checks whether the fetal heart rate is normal. How to do fetal heart monitoring medical supplies?
(1) Before doing fetal heart rate monitoring, you can eat something to stimulate the fetus to move more.
(2) Before doing fetal heart rate monitoring, it is best to go to the bathroom, because it may take up to 20 minutes to stay beside the fetal monitor.
(3) When doing fetal heart rate monitoring, it is best to lie on the left side, and you can also put a backrest behind your back.
(4) Pregnant women will sit on a chair for fetal heart rate monitoring, which is similar to sitting on a reclining chair.
(5) The fetal heart monitoring operator will tie two small round cake-shaped devices to the belly of the pregnant woman. These two small round cakes, one is used to monitor the baby's heartbeat, and the other is used to record the contractions of the pregnant woman.
(6) Sometimes, the operator may also make the pregnant woman press the button when she feels the baby move.
(7) The operator can hear the fetal heartbeat, and can also see the fetal heartbeat on an electronic screen. At the same time, the fetal monitor will also record the uterine contractions on paper.
(8) Each fetal heart rate monitoring usually lasts about 20 minutes.